NTT to acquire 91.2% in Arkadin

NTT Communication of Japan today said it would acquire a majority stake up to 91.2% in French company Arkadin who is into collaboration services. The remaining 8.8% will remain with the Arkadin board.

NTT Communications, Arkadin and AXA Private Equity have signed an agreement in this regard and the agreement remains subject to the authorization of the antitrust authorities.

AXA Private Equity is an investor in Arkadin.

The acquisition is expected to be completed by end of September. Post acquisition Arkadin would still be managed as a standalone company. Its external equity investors like AXA and Orange woul dmove out of this venture.

Toru Maruoka, Senior Vice President, Voice and Video, at NTT Com said: “With the acquisition of one of the fastest growing players in the industry, NTT reaffirms its ambition to develop services in the collaboration business for all of its partners and clients across the world. Arkadin’s global seamless customer service and infrastructure will strengthen NTT Com’s offering in both global conferencing services and total solutions, incorporating unified communications.”

Arkadin is into unified communication and offers a wide range of conference-related solutions covering audio, web, video conferencing and unified communications services.

“Post this acquisition Arkadin will enter a new development phase, with the support and industrial expertise of NTT Com, to continue to serve our clients and partners throughout the world,” Olivier de Puymorin, CEO of Arkadin,

With this acquisition NTT can fulfill its customers’ demand of lowering cost of its communication solutions. To date, NTT Com’s customers have been seeking to lower their costs and streamline operations by integrating internal communication tools with NTT Com’s Arcstar Audio Conferencing, Arcstar Web Conferencing, Arcstar Video Conferencing and cloud-based Arcstar UCaaS unified communications service.

Also Read

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: