Who Is This Ringing Bell Selling 4G Phones At Rs 3000?

India’s mobile phone industry got a shock of its kind on Monday morning when Ringing Bell, a hitherto unknown company, announced to sell 4G smartphones at the cheapest price – a mere Rs 2999. The company flooded some of the large mainline newspapers with full spread advertisements proclaiming itself of having ‘the most affordable products’ in the mobile world.

If this company could able to offer 4G smartphones at this price, undoubtedly, Bell brand smartphones would be the most affordable smartphone in the country.

But the industry is in shock. They are shocked thinking about two things -one, whether this is possible to sell 4G smartphones at this price, or two, is this company a fraud?

“It’s not possible looking at the BOM price prevalent in the market to sell a 4G phone for this price,” said an industry expert who did not want to be named. “There is something fishy here,” he added.

A little probe into this company offers something to think about.

The company Bell is registered as ‘Ringing Bells Pvt Ltd’ on September 16, 2015 which means the company is just 4 months old now. According to records available at ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ringing Bells or Bell has three directors – Mohit Kumar Goel, Sushma Devi and Rajesh Kumar.

However, these directors, according to the industry, are unknown to the mobile phone business.

Ringing Bells has a paid up capital of Rs 6,000,000 and authorized capital of Rs 10,000,000.

Ringing Bells is planning to launch its products on February 12 at Delhi Gymkhana and the products would be available for distributorship from the next day. The distributors meet is planned at Unitech Gold Park in Noida.

The company has advertised about three mobile phones, one smart and two feature phones. The smartphone Bell Smart 101 is priced at Rs 2,999 and the feature phones, Bell Master and Bell 4U, are priced at Rs 999 and Rs 799 respectively. Besides the company also has another product, a power bank, priced at Rs 399.

Ringing Bells has offered its products to be booked first by making the entire price of the product which will then be delivered to the customer free of cost.

A company executive said the phones will be delivered withing February 25th.

84 Comments

1. this is the best phone in india in range of all other mobile phone

2. Debasish Chakraborty says:

I purchased bell smart 101through sbi debit card in the morning 8.22 am. Now it is 3.30pm but till now no response, confirmation through sms or email from the end of seller. I mail them but then no answer received. M no. 9832783474.

• You are victim of a fraud.
      It is a fraud comp.

• Debasish Chakraborty says:

Company contacted me via mobile and they promised to delivery my mobile in due time. Now due to server problem they are unable to send any confirmation. All are requested not to call in my above mentioned phone no. It is not Ringing Bell mobile contact no. If you have any query about Bell phone go to their web site and try to collect information from them.

• Sajal Kumar Nayak says:

I also purchased the Smart 101 4G Mobile Phone on 8th February by paying online for Rs.2999/=. But, sorry to say till today no response either through SMS or e-mail from the company side confirming either receipt of payment or delivery of the materials. My Mobile No.9474694847.

• Sajal Kumar Nayak, Asansol, West Bengal says:

The above mobile number is exclusively mine. Requested not to call me rather visit ringing bells website to contact them either over phone or mail.

• Santanu Ghosh says:

Same thing happens to me. there is no option of tracking the product after dispatch. i have doubt, why they are not selling through renowned online shopping websites.

At least, company should flash confirmation page with order no. , expected date of delivery etc. just after payment is made.

3. MR. RANJIT GHOSH says:

I want to buy a Bell mobile 4G LTE SMART 101.

4. suresh chauhan says:

this is unknown co. contact no is wrong given on the paper. no message on mobile and through email for booking the bell mobile.

5. Their website is now offline ūüėź

6. I wanted to buy that phone
    At first it had some errors in the website error 404
    Then the website does not have a cash on delivery option and i dont trust net banking
    how can I buy it as it is not available on any other shopping site!

7. COD h yaa nhi

• dont worry friends modi ji will provide ur money ,because dis smart phone is given to us by him only , i also wantedd to buy dis smart phone but afterr seeing ur reviews ,what should i do i m not getting friends

8. mukesh kumar durgapur says:

I purchased bell smart 101through pnb net banking dt. 8.2.2016 but Now no response, confirmation through sms or email from the end of seller. I mail them but then no answer received. given number on site is not working . so please help me. M no. 9932255865

9. Shubhra Agarwal says:

I have ordered one Bell Smart 101 phone on 08/02/2016 at 8.30pm but till now no order confirmation.All mails on bounced. No mobile/ phone no. working. I think it is fraud company. Pl publish this to stop other people making fool / cheated. Pl also suggest what kind of legal action can be taken ?

10. Ashutosh Kumar Gupta says:

I booked and paid the amount online into the company website for 101 smartphone by my debit card of rs2999/- yesterday but neither e-mail nor sms sent by the company to confirm or generate order ID, delivery details so far. The phone and mobile numbers continuously get unresponded with …subscriber busy…and not maturing. They even didn’t response via e-mail. something appears fishy and customers have most likely apprehensions of being cheated…a large amount of frauds..appear is being done vide large level of advertisements…is there any one listening…?????

11. I purchased bell smart 101 through HDFC Credit Card yesterday. but till now no response, confirmation through sms or email from the end of seller. I mailed them but no answer yet. i tried to contact his number but they are not reachable and my balance cuted 2 times from card. i request to company please contact me as soon as possible and remove my prblem. 8800367400

12. Hi
    Same happen with me , My balance rs2999 was deducted but no confirmation email and SMS was received.Trying to call on costumer care but all contact number getting busy.

13. Mukesh kumar says:

I booked bell smart 101 by online payment from my ocici debit card. But still there is no response from company. I also drop mail to him but there is no response from company. My mbl no. 9915002795

14. Dheeraj Raman says:

Yes I went to buy this smartphone because this phone is affordable pries. I Am buying it.

15. Syed Touhid Ali says:

I want to buy a Bell mobile 4G LTE SMART 101.my mob.no.8697726960

16. Kartikey mishra says:

Same here….i booked it yesterday n paid 2999…bt still there is no response from company…. Contact no also not reachable…plz help us…9807365592

17. Same here….i booked it yesterday n paid 2999…bt still there is no response from company…. Contact no also not reachable…plz help us…8958250000

18. Fake company ,fake no.s , they made COD disabled. Be alert . Dont buy this company phones

19. SHIVANK SHARMA says:

I WANT TO BUY BELL MOBILE OF RS 2999.PLEASE CINFIRM TILL WHEN THIS MOBILE WILL BE IN MARKET & WHERE WE CAN PURCHASE THIS.

20. MD AJAZ ANSARI says:

I booked and paid the amount online into the company website for bell smart101 phone by my debit card of rs2999/- yesterday but neither e-mail nor sms sent by the company to confirm or generate order ID, delivery details so far. The phone and mobile numbers continuously get responded with …subscriber busy…and not maturing. They even didn’t response via e-mail. something appears fishy and customers have most likely apprehensions of being cheated…a large amount of frauds..appear is being done vied large level of advertisements…is there any one listening…
    Mob- 8405999205

21. Mere sath bhi aisa huwa aaj order kiya no responce balance bhi kat gya yaar ab kisi sk paas responce aye to batana pls

22. here is some uniq thing i got conformation msg and the send me date of dispatch the phone and it is 25/02/2016. but i can not find the proper information through its side and all over i thing it totly fack plz do not try to prchage it wihought proper information.please contact me if anybody got any kind of futher information aboute it.
    regards
    kanwaalji
    7248452067

23. Mere sath bhi aisa huwa aaj order kiya no responce balance bhi kat gya yaar ab kisi sk paas responce aye to batana pls

8194000813.
    8273161444.

plz reply me

24. susanta bhunia says:

Mob- 9547725200

25. I want this phone please contact me mob.no 08057288280

26. I want to buy smart 101 but i can’t repalce my order so plz you help me

27. I ordered smart 101 phone, made the payment, but then it got redirected to an error page, after refreshing a couple of times, it got redirected to ringing bells website, with a successful transaction message. And i got the confirmation mail, and the confirmation sms as well. For those of you who have not got the confirmation mail, your transaction may not have completed after payment, i.e. you may not have been directed to successful transaction page(which says- Thank You for your order!). This might probably be because the server used by these people may not be good enough to handle high traffic.

28. sir how can i buy this Ringing Mobile phone because i like its feature AND PRISE IS VERY LOW. My contact number is 9996844445. I am waiting for yoour response

29. Aloke Biswas says:

Confused!!! buy or not buy the “bell smart 101 phone”
    Kuch to garbar hai, pura adha ghanta customer care line me online tha but customer care person bat nahi ki.

30. i am also bye this. and also paid. but till now no confirmation mail coming. plz help me.

31. Shams Perwaiz Khan says:

Dear team,

I have booked phone 101 through ringingbell.co.in i have payment through ICICI bank my amount has been deducted but i have not recived any payment receipt it showed me Server Not Found. Can you please take a look this issue
    i have booked item below Address

Shams Perwaiz Khan
    214/C Nathcorp pvt.Ltd
    AshokNagr Road No-1
    Ranchi-834002
    Jharkhand

7870784673

32. shailendra prakash says:

i want to buy bell smart 101 but i am not finding for registration..
    plz help me…

33. I want to buy a mobile my mob no.9811442594

34. I WANT TO PURCHASE A SMART 101 MOBILE PLEASE SENT ME CRITERIA OF PURCHASING

35. It’s amazing because after going this phone in market many people reaches the smart phone Who does not afford costly phone.

36. I purchased bell smart 101through visa debit card dt. 8.2.2016 but Now no response, confirmation through sms or email from the end of seller. Given number on site is not working. My mobile no. 9810361002.

37. Arun Shankar Gaonkar says:

I booked 3 smart 101 devices and 8997/- has been deducted from my account on January 9,2016;and i haven’t yet received any sort of confirmation mail from the company

38. I want to buy this phone please book my order
    my mobile no. 9041010625
    pincode. 144008

39. yes,
    I also think that the company is fraud. I was booking this phone and was just about to fill otp but my freind called me and in that time that oto got expired. then i did’nt fill.
    so pls friends don’t buy it at your own risk.

40. mahesh sharma says:

I WANT TO BUY THIS phone. PLEASE BOOKING THIS PHONE FOR ME.

41. Ranjan Sainy says:

Dear Sir/Mam
    I want to buy Bell 101.
    from where i bought this mobile.
    send the site or process of buying.
    7210032404

42. I want to buy this phone please book my order

43. Sir i want to purchase smart101,
    My mo.no.9198917486
    Pll sir call me

44. i also need to buy this mobile..

my contact no. is 9837512425 and 8750161832

45. booked on today. got prompt reply on mail & sms. Let’s wait for the delivery.

46. Sanjay Agrawal says:

Sir,
    Purchase smart101 Phone

47. After reading comments, ido’t know ringgingbell smartphone 101, company fack or nor,

48. A single person to deliver phone please inform about comments, I want buy smart 101, phone

49. bhupender kumar says:

I want buy bell mobile plz contact me …
    8285300538

50. Santanu Ghosh says:

On the day of my order and payment i.e. on 10th Feb 2016, you sent me an e-mail mentioning my order id as 1455046325_56ba3eb5ebde6 and transaction id as 8698018_56ba3eb64c714

But, in later e-mail you have confirmed me that my order id is RB525339310 which is not matching with the earlier one.

From these phenomena, i am really worried and in doubt about the credibility of your company.

So, you please confirm me my order id once again and tell me when my smart phone will be delivered.

with regards,

Santanu Ghosh

51. Hii guys same thing happen just like you neither mail or sms i have’nt receive from company .. My suggestion is this company is totally fraud and we should all file rti against this fraud …… Then we will justice

52. Kya aap ya phone Book kar Sakte h

53. Sir,
    Cash on delivery ka option rakhiye……. plz.

54. Satish singh says:

I want buy bell mobile plz contact me no.8447497863

55. MADDILI GIRI BABU says:

ringing bell smart 101 mobile keliye 8 feb se order kar raha hu lekin nahi huva.
    company no 08822232323 par call kar raha hu paisa katra koi respons nahi hi
    mobile no 9796443894 per call karna

56. Girju Agarwal says:

Want the super distributorship of ringing bell mobile phones for Odissa. Can i get the company details to contact .

my mob no 9776234785

57. Namaste sir…
    I want to bell smartphone
    Plzz contact me
    9602911082

58. Namaste sir…
    I want to bell smartphone at Rs. 499
    Plzz contact me
    9602911082

59. Hi,
    any one received the mobile,please confirm…I will purchase the phone !!

60. i want to buy this phone

61. iwine ruby reynolds says:

ringing bells 4G

62. Brijpal Chauhan says:

I want a smart phone 251

63. I want to buy a Bell mobile 4G LTE SMART 101.
    MY MOB. NO. 9956663161

64. I want one smart phone freedom 251

65. One mobile very smart phone is freedom 251

66. Sir mene bhi 8 feb 2016 ko smart 101 ka order kiya tha jo aajtak nahi mila hai jabki mere a/c se amount kat Liya gaya. Jiska screenshot bhi me bhej raha hu.We have received your order 1454905232_56b81790a3e02 amounting to Rs. 2999 and it is being processed. You can expect delivery by 25 Feb.Name SUNIL GUPTA ANKIT AGENCIES MUMFORD CLUB MARKET MOTI BAGH BULANDSHAHR PINCODE 203001 UTTARPRADESH MOBILE NUMBER 9410015100,9997190190

67. hello, this happened same to me ,On the day of my order and payment i.e. on 12th Feb 2016, you sent me an e-mail mentioning my order id as 1455260152_56bd81f8587ef and transaction id as 1560816_56bd81f9d2d69,

But, in later e-mail you have confirmed me that my order id is RB527191411 which is not matching with the earlier one.

So, you please confirm me my order id once again and tell me when my smart phone will be delivered, as early as possible.

with regards,