Reliance Jio Free Scheme Extended Till March 31

Reliance Jio has extended its ongoing ‘Welcome Offer’ that gives all of its services free, till March 31. The earlier offer will now be called ‘Happy New Year Offer’ and will be valid from 4 December till 31 March 2017. All existing offerings like free voice calling, unlimited data, video etc will be offered free till then.

Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani announced this in his much awaited speech delivered at 1.30 Pm on Thursday. The old Welcome Offer will be closed from 3 December, however the existing customers will still get the free services under the new offer.

The benefits will be available to all subscribers signing up for Jio services up to 3 March 2017. The existing Jio Welcome Offer (“JWO’) users will continue to enjoy the unlimited benefits under JWO up to 31 December 2016, following which they would be automatically signed-up for the Jio Happy New Year Offer (JNO) as well.

Considering 80% of Jio subscribers use up to 1 GB of data daily, while the remaining 20% use disproportionately more data, the company has limited the high-speed-data quantity to 1 GB per day per user, following which the speed will be reduced to 128 Kbps. This step has been taken to ensure that all the Jio users get superior data experience. Attractive tariff options have been offered for subscribers wishing to consume additional data beyond 1 GB per day at regular speed as part of the JNO, its Chairman said.

He also said that keeping the difficulties in getting a Jio SIM in the past, because of huge demand, the company has started home-delivery of SIMs.  To start with the home-deliver of the SIMs will be done in 100 top cities in the country. Such SIMs will be activated within 5 minutes by Aadhaar based eKYC process. At present the eKYC service is available at over one lakh outlets which will be doubled by 31 March.

Also Read

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: