Interview With Vivek Pratap Singh, Branch Manager, Ringing Bells

ringing-bell-mobile-vivek

Vivek Pratap Singh, Branch Manager, Ringing Bells

What is the background of Ringing Bells Pvt Ltd, the company which launched the most affordable 4G smartphone Smart 101?
The promoter family hails from a strong background of a family steeped in the rural belt of Western UP and involved in agro-commodity products like sugar, spices, rice, pulses, dry fruits and a complete menu of allied products trading over the past 3 generations. The network in rural and semi-urban India, anchored particularly in the North, is time tested for over 36 years and has endured the vicissitudes of time.

The idea occurred to the current generation to leverage this strength and contribute in a humble way to the cascade of economic inclusive growth based on the platforms of Make in India, Skill India and Digital India while leveraging the initiative of “Start Up India Stand Up India”.

What’s the response towards your products after you released major advertisement campaign on Monday? Any numbers with respect to smartphone cum feature phone bookings?
A very positive and a very very huge response.

When would you start the delivery of your phones to people who have booked/registered on your site?
Feature phones will be delivered in 7 to 14 days whereas smartphone Smart 101 shall be delivered by end February.

When are you planning to make smartphone and feature phone available in the open market?
The mobile phones will be available in the open market from 1st week of March.

Is the company self-funded or investor backed?
At present the company is self-funded but with plans for associate and allied funding as the business plans actualize in tandem with the cash flow cycles. Discussions have commenced with banks and institutions.

With respect to the after market service what is your strategy. Are you planning to have your own or would you tie up with any company?
In the interim, we have set up an association for more than 650+ service centres pan India. Longer term our plan is to have our own integrated service centres.

There are consumer complaints that no confirmation mail has been sent to people who have booked phones online. How do you explain it?
We received unexpected demand on our site and the system was not equipped to handle that kind of traffic. Due to some unexpected error and technical problems in our servers, we are facing this issue.

Is Ringing Bells planning to manufacture mobile phones in India seeing the outstanding response?
Yes of course. Our prime motivation is Make in India.

How big is the company in terms of manpower and how big is your R&D and product testing set-up?
We already have a strength of almost 300 direct and 2,000 indirect employees which is poised for an incredible increase in the short term in sync with our plans and market access. At present we have associate testing facilities which focuses on intrinsic details of pre-despatch inspections, quality control and even post delivery service are attended too. This workforce is almost another 2,500. As we build our own direct workforce we would also have the same number of workforce at the least.

25 Comments

1. mere sath cheat kiya gya hai.
    maine smart101 koonline purchase kiya.
    net banking se 2999/- rs. pay kr diye.
    leking mera order cancel kr diya gya aur meri amount bhi nhi vapis ki gyi.
    Cheater…

• Ringing Bells says:

Dear Ajay,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
      Please mail us your Transaction I’d issued by the bank towards online payment made by you, at
      We will most certainly verify and confirm your order or refund the amount.

For any further assistance/information please write to us at [email protected] or contact our helpline numbers at 088222 32323 / 80109 60960.

Kind Regards,
      Team
      Ringing Bells Pvt. Ltd.

• Maine Credit card se Rs.2999 ki payment ki but payment failure ka massage aa gaya but payment deduct ho gayee to phir maine dobara payment kar di aur order confirm ho gaya but pehle wali payment ka bhi order confirmation 2nd day ko mail per aa gaya. Order ID is RB524984130.so please tell me what is the status of my order.

Thanks

• Sudhir khanna says:

Why youdon’t apply again. I have applied for Smart 101 and got order confirmation from them.

2. bo to hona hi hai, kiyun ke ye phone to abhi lunch hona hai . or bo delhi 12 feb ko , apne to khud hi apne peron pe kulhadi mar di, ye to bebkufi hai, kiyun kabhi kabhi ham puri news hi nahi padte , or dhokhe ka sikar ho jate hain.

3. how many days mobile comes

4. ajay kumar bhai tumne sahi kaha mere sath bhi aisa hi ho raha hai confirmation msz aya lekin baad main koi response nahi na koi tracking id or na hi koi costumer care main phn utha raha hai . maine payment debit card se ki thi lekin koi response nahi sirf ek confirmation msz aya lekin product ki koi tracking id or koi bhi update nahi mili.

5. Sandeep singh says:

Plz sir tell me that when the next booking Open? And The reason or problem behind for the customers that they have not responses by your team?

6. umesh kapoor says:

payment debit to account but Conformation msg is not received
    please give the conformation msg or dlivery date

7. Attention To

Ringing Bell Team

My self MS HASAN, I ordered Smart-101 Mobile on 08-02-16 through my HDFC credit card but due to website or server problem i made payment two times for the same product, which order id no is- RB524536766 & RB524534248. So i request you please cancel my second order (RB524534248) & refund my money.

and please provide the delivery status for first order on my mobile.

For any query or confirmation please call on 8800367400

Thanks & Regards
    MS Hasan

8. sashi sharma says:

I too ordered and did not get confirmation. Like this, a company called UMI also cheated like this. Be wise and keep away from them

9. Sumant kumar says:

I orderd for smart 101 on10/02/2016 and paid 2900/- rupees by PNB debit card transition id-S93891452 for this order but do not get any confirmation yet. So please dilever the phone or refund my money as soon as possible

10. Sumant kumar says:

11. l sumant Kumar orderd smart bell 101 on 10 Feb and l have already paid Rs 2999/- from debit card of PNB transaction LD is S93891452 But no any order no and confirmation received from ringing bell l rqst to u plz refund my amount or confirm me any information soon my mob. No is 9927622007

12. Shrava kumar says:

I Shravan Kumar orderd smart bell 101 on 10 Feb and l have already paid Rs 2999/- from debit card of canara bank transaction LD is 8062797_56bb78dc59de1 But no any order no and confirmation received from ringing bell l rqst to u plz refund my amount or confirm me any information soon my mob. No is 9198913569

13. Shrava kumar says:

mere sath cheat kiya gya hai.
    maine smart101 koonline purchase kiya.
    canara bank se 2999/- rs. pay kr diye.
    leking mera order cancel kr diya gya aur meri amount bhi nhi vapis ki gyi.
    Cheater…

call me contect no. 9198913569

14. Shrava kumar says:

customer care ka number kyon nhi uth raha plz answer me you
    hum sub lon costmer car ka number laga rhe par koi respose nhi aisa kyon sir

hum subne online balance pay kar diya, hum longo ko prodect diya jai plz sir phone bell smart 101

contect No. 9198913569

15. l sumant Kumar orderd smart bell 101 on 10 Feb and l have already paid Rs 2999/- from credit card of sbi+obc . But no any order no and confirmation received from ringing bell l rqst to u plz refund my amount or confirm me any information soon . so i registared a consumer case on this company becouse its dircetly a case of cheating .if they have no product then why they publish in news paper now i trying to call on helpline call is not connected and no reply of any email .

16. I have booked Smart bell 101 mobile though online booking and paid Rs. 2999/- through net banking but still there is no confirmation when I will be received my mobile phone. There is no response from the company side. I have tried several times on their customer care number but no response and showing busy.

17. I RESPECTED
    SIR PLEASE ASK ME WHARE ARE ME SHOPING YOUR PHON

WITHIN PRICE 500 RUPEES PLEASE SEND ME DISTRIBUTER ADRESS IN VAPI VALSAD GUJRAT

18. Sumant kumar says:

I sumant Kumar received the confirmation of smart bell 101 on 13 Feb my order no is RB525554121 when I got dilivelry of product plz tell me soon at 9927622007

19. rohitbajoria says:

sir,
    i want to offer my own land to your company to setup your manufacturing plant in west bengal….so i will also provide you cheap labour to your company.. so please i am awaiting for your positive response….as early as possible…….
    thanking you………….
    we have huge markets in west bengal for cheap mobiles especially in villages as well in cities……..

20. N.NAGARAJU UPPI says:

SO GOOD THINK

21. We have received your order 1454905232_56b81790a3e02 amounting to Rs. 2999 and it is being processed. You can expect delivery by 25 Feb.sir mene 8 feb 2016 ko order diya tha smart 101 mobile phone ka jo abhi tak nahi mila hai na he aapke number par batt ho pa rahe aur aapne number bhi barred hai.ye mobile mere ko kab MILEGA. Please reply asap.hum aapki mail ka wait kar rahe hai. Name SUNIL GUPTA ANKIT AGENCIES MUMFORD CLUB MARKET MOTI BAGH BULANDSHAHR PINCODE 203001 UTTARPRADESH MOBILE NUMBER 9410015100,9997190190 YE MERA ADDRESS HAI YAHI MOBILE PHONE KI AAPKO DELIVERY KARANE HAI AGAR MOBILE PHONE NAHI AATA HAI TO CONSUMER COURT AUR POLICE MAIN AAP LOGO COMPLAINTS BHI KE JAYEGE. KYOKI SABHI LOG AAPKI 25TH FEB 2016 KE DATE KA WAIT KAR RAHE HAIN.I WAIT YOUR EMAIL