International

Vodafone awards global managed services contract to Amdocs

Vodafone awards global managed services contract to Amdocs

August 6, 2013 at 2:08 pm 0 comments

Vodafone, one of the world’s largest mobile communications operators, today announced signing a five-year global managed services agreement for Vodafone’s customer care and billing domain based on Amdocs software applications. For customer care and billing based on Amdocs software applications, Vodafone selected Amdocs ‒ a global domain leader in communicationsRead More

NTT to acquire 91.2% in Arkadin

NTT to acquire 91.2% in Arkadin

August 6, 2013 at 11:54 am 0 comments

NTT Communication of Japan today said it would acquire a majority stake up to 91.2% in French company Arkadin who is into collaboration services. The remaining 8.8% will remain with the Arkadin board. NTT Communications, Arkadin and AXA Private Equity have signed an agreement in this regard and the agreementRead More

BASE signs network and IT managed services with TechM

BASE signs network and IT managed services with TechM

August 5, 2013 at 6:27 pm 0 comments

BASE Company, a subsidary of KPN Group and Tech Mahindra (TechM) announced today a five year managed service agreement for the operations and roll out of the BASE network and IT in Belgium. BASE and Tech Mahindra will partner to realize the expansion and improvement of the network and achieveRead More

ZTE now has 5% of global smartphone market

ZTE now has 5% of global smartphone market

August 5, 2013 at 4:36 pm 0 comments

ZTE shipped 11.5 million smartphones in the second quarter, vaulting the maker of Grand S and Grand Memo to the fourth position globally with 5 percent market share, according to Strategy Analytics. In terms of number of handsets, the year-on-year increase of handset is close to 80 percent and thisRead More

Tellabs Q2 revenue at $212 mn

Tellabs Q2 revenue at $212 mn

August 5, 2013 at 4:02 pm 0 comments

Tellabs’ second quarter 2013 revenue totaled $212 million, compared with $288 million in the year-ago quarter. For the second quarter of 2013, Optical segment revenue was $113 million, Data segment revenue was $36 million, Access segment revenue was $19 million and Services segment revenue was $44 million. On a GAAPRead More

True selects Huawei’s 400G core router

True selects Huawei’s 400G core router

August 5, 2013 at 3:50 pm 0 comments

True, the only leading fully-integrated communications service provider in Thailand has selected Huawei 400G core router line cards to deploy its 3G IP core network. The network will provide millions of True’s 3G subscribers with diverse, smoother services and indicates that Huawei leads 400G router technology. With the development ofRead More

Ericsson and STMicroelectronics complete split-up

Ericsson and STMicroelectronics complete split-up

August 5, 2013 at 2:18 pm 0 comments

STMicroelectronics and Ericsson have completed the required restructuring to finalise their split up. Both the companies have shared their activities and transferred business, assets and manpower among themselves and some third parties effective August 2. This split-up was between Ericsson and STMicroelectronics was announced on 18 March 2013. So, effectiveRead More

Southern Cross completes 100G expansion

Southern Cross completes 100G expansion

August 1, 2013 at 4:14 pm 0 comments

Southern Cross Cable Network today announced the successful implementation of Ciena’s 100G transmission equipment across the entire Southern Cross network. Ross Pfeffer, director, Sales and Marketing said, “The implementation of 100G technology is a major milestone in the ongoing expansion and enhancement of our 30,000km submarine network in continued supportRead More

LG U+ launches commercial LTE-Advanced service

LG U+ launches commercial LTE-Advanced service

July 31, 2013 at 8:35 am 0 comments

LG U+ has commercially launched ultra-high LTE-Advanced service commercial service in South Korea on July 18, 2013. The company now provides up to 150 Mbps data services over its commercial LTE network. LG U+ can now provide high-speed mobile broadband services like high-definition video, voice and data by supporting 150MbpsRead More

HTC Q3 revenue to drop 22 percent

HTC Q3 revenue to drop 22 percent

July 31, 2013 at 8:29 am 0 comments

HTC has forecasted Q3 revenue of NT$50 billion to NT$60 billion, a drop of around 22 percent vis-a-vis second quarter revenue. HTC has posted quarterly revenue of NT$70.7 billion, with gross margin of 23.2 percent and operating margin of 1.5 percent. Net profit and EPS were NT$1.25 billion and NT$1.50,Read More