The pre-booking of Reliance Jio Phone, the 4G feature phone that the entire country is waiting to lay their hands on at the first chance, will start from tomorrow – 24 August. This can be done at Jio’s website as well as Reliance Digital stores. The Reliance Digital stores also double up as Jio retailer outlets. The Jio Phone pre-booking was supposed to start from 5 PM tomorrow.
But the company has now decided to delay it by another half an hour. So the Jio Phone pre-booking will now start from 5.30 PM at both these platforms -Jio website as well its retail outs.
How To Pre-book the Jio Phone
When the Jio Phone was announced Mukesh Ambani had said the phone will be available for free but the customers have to make a security deposit of Rs 1500 to avoid the misuse of the 4G feature phone. So it was believed that the interested buyers would have to pay the amount upfront during the time of Jio Phone pre-booking. However, to make it bit easier for the buyers, Jio has reduced the Jio Phone pre-booking amount to Rs 500. The rest Rs 1000 will have to be paid when the phone is delivered. The Jio Phone will be delivered to the buyers on a first cum first service starting September.
You can visit the company’s site and make the payment of Rs 500 through any of the online payments including credit card, debit card, net banking as well ass through Jio Money – company’s own mobile wallet.
Alternatively, buyers can visit any Reliance Digital store and make the payments of Rs 500 by cash or electronic format for the pre-booking of Jio Phone.
What Jio Phone Offers
- The Reliance Jio 4G feature phone is named as JioPhone
- It is basically a smartphone with a small screen, all smartphone functions can be done on this phone
- JioPhone is single SIM phone and you can make VoLTE calls
- It has a 2.4 inch QVGA screen
- Has camera, and alphanumeric keypad
- It has voice command features
- It can run data applications, just like the smartphones
- The JioPhone will be available for free, means no cost
- But the buyers have to deposit a security amount of Rs 1500, which will be refunded after 3 years, at whatever used condition
- The phone offers unlimited data plan for Rs 153
- This unlimited data will be offered at half a GB per day, smartphone users get 1 GB per day for Rs309
- The company has also launched two sachet packs, of Rs 24 and Rs 54, that are valid for 2 days and one week respectively
- One can watch all the Jio apps like Jio Cinema, Jio TV, Jio Music etc on the phone
- The JioPhone is really a smart one
- It has integrated voice control system. You can talk to your phone to activate a feature. Like you can ask it to dial a number by using your voice
- The JioPhone can be connected to any TV, smart or CRT, and all the TV applications like serials, movies, sports and news etc can be watched on the TV
- You need a Jio TV Cable for this, and it costs Rs 309
- The phone comes with NFC; in coming times you can use the phone for mobile banking, UPI, BHIM etc